Who can be a member of the PTO?
Parents, teachers, staff, and grandparents and anyone interested in supporting BES students.
Do I need Clearances? How do I get them?
Events that happen at the school while the students are there generally require clearances.
In order to volunteer at Boyertown Elementary School, you must obtain your criminal history and your child abuse history clearances. Once completed, bring both original documents into the BES Office. The office staff will make a photocopy and return the originals to you. These documents must be dated within ONE year in order for the school to accept them. If your clearances are older than one year, you will need to reapply for new clearances. As long as you volunteer at least one time a year, your clearances will continue to be valid for three years.
This clearance can be completed online and results can be printed immediately. To apply for your criminal record check, click here.
Child Abuse History
The Child Abuse History check can now be completed online and the results mailed to you. For more information, click here.
FBI FEDERAL CRIMINAL HISTORY REPORT
The following procedure is to be used to obtain the fingerprint-based FBI Federal Criminal History Record Report:
- The volunteer must register online at any time at www.pa.cogentid.com or by phone at 1-888-439-2486 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm) before going to the fingerprint site, indicating that this service is being requested for reporting to the PA Department of Education.
- The fee for the fingerprint and electronic report services is $27.00. Payment is made at time of registration using a credit card or debit card.
- The nearest fingerprint site is the Boyertown Education Center. Be sure to register on the Cogent website before arriving to have your fingerprints taken.
911 Montgomery Avenue
Boyertown, PA 19512
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The volunteer presents the Registration ID Number and a qualified State or Federal photo ID at the fingerprint site, after which all ten fingers are scanned electronically.
- After the fingerprinting has been completed, the volunteer must contact Mrs. Smith in the front office to report his/her Registration ID number.
- The Federal Criminal History Record is then available electronically to the School District within 48 hours. An unofficial copy of the report will be mailed directly to the applicant.
Why do I need photo ID?
The Boyertown School District is pleased to add a new layer of security to our schools. Called the Raptor System, this security measure generates a special ID badge for each visitor who walks through the doors at BES. Volunteers will be asked to provide their driver’s license, which will be scanned and immediately returned to them. At the end of their visit to BES, the badge is turned into the office. This system is in addition to the security clearances our school already has in place. All volunteers will still be required to have their criminal history and child abuse history on file in the BES office.
Is there a fee to attend PTO events?
We do our best to offer as many free family fun events as possible.